Thursday, September 07, 2006

Two Bikes

I picked the Nishiki up from Chuck on Tuesday. He'd ground the U-lock off, apparently it took 15 seconds but made the shop smell like burning plastic for an hour. Got my copies of my receipts and put the lock in the mail to Kryptonite this afternoon, so we will see what I get back from them. Hopefully, full reimbursement for the locksmith and a new lock.

The Nishiki is none the worse for wear, a couple bangs on the decals on the drive side but I put her back together and it's just like old times again. Haven't commuted on Miss P yet but soon...very soon.

Next up: repacking the Maillard hubs, taking off the freewheel and redishing and respacing, and trading stems, bars, brake levers and toe clips with Dad. He got me a Rivendell membership, and I am eyeing this burrito tool bag. Totally old school.

No comments: