Friday, September 22, 2006

New LeCarré

Hot dawg.

I checked the LeCarré website a few weeks ago thinking jeez oh man he MUST have a new book out. But nothing!

So then my pops tells me last night that lordamercy John is back with a tale of darkest Congo, interpreters, coups, the whole shebang, and it is getting good reviews (as usual). I mean, what else would you expect from the Leading Spy Novelist of All Time (sorry Graham Greene)?


So here it is, I promise not to read it until I next get to New York. Hopefully the movie they make out of it won't be as awful as The Constant Gardener - gah. I was terribly underimpressed. Tessa was much less annoying in the novel and Ralph Fiennes' character was much more interesting.

J-Co, if you are reading, get this book. You'll enjoy it.

No comments: