Sunday, July 15, 2007

I can't wait to move



I am so excited I almost started packing today. I got as far as making three garbage bags full of clothes and shoes to take to the donation place. And I looked at Ikea online to see what kind of furniture we might have to get.

Bike update:

Blue Peugeot: still don't have the right size bearings, but now suspect I need 5/32" for the bottom race based on the headset in another 70's mixte at the coop. I did manage to steal the top bearing retainer and I just ordered ball bearings so I am hoping on Wednesday I can finally put this headset together. I have the cranks, the chain is coming, and I will use the old wheels until I get the itch to either build a 27" inch rear wheel (with cog I also picked up at the coop) or redish those heavy, heavy, steel wheels from Mom's bike. The latter will be pretty unlikely.

White Peugeot (PR-10): I ordered a plain chrome fork online and a cheap but solid headset. I'll have to take it in to get the cups reinstalled but that should also happen this week. I still need a stem that will fit but that shouldn't be too hard.

New Gorgeous Chrome/Blue Italian Mystery Bike: It's beautiful. And Speedy. The brake levers were set too low and they are too big for my hands (but they are drilled and so pretty!) so I ordered some compact Tektro levers that won't look quite as nice but will be much safer, along with new brake pads. The current ones are from 1985 and were never more than 'speed modulators' anyway. I like the drops but uh, kinda need the brakes to work pretty good if I'm gonna ride it in B'more.

Nishiki: Is doing quite well, thanks very much, and is enjoying going to work almost every day. The moustache bars are so perfect for city biking.

I saw Harry Potter V this weekend and it was pretty entertaining. This of course is the one where Harry is all full of teenage angst and hormones, so he's pretty annoying most of the film, but it was a lovely time in the lovely old Senator Saturday night, with a participatory crowd.

No comments: