Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"Hardcore Commuter"

Of course I am not doing work at the moment but instead using the lightning fast internet at work to shop for tires (did not know how hard it was going to be to find skinny tires for 27" rims!). And I visit the Soma site, since they are totally awesome in every way, especially these cool steel-core tire levers.

Anyway. I'm looking at the Xpress Tires just for kicks, and I see the description:
We wanted an urban tire that was flat resistant AND also gave an excellent ride. A splendid tire for the AIDS Ride. Messengers and hardcore commuters should try them, too.


And I realize - I am a hardcore commuter! What a perfect description of my totally lame 2 mile commute through stupid traffic and monster potholes, skating over broken glass and treacherous jettisoned trash. I don't have to feel bad about not being as tough as those messenger guys, but nor do I have to stay in the ranks of the average bike commuter, pedaling a heavy hybrid or mountain bike down bike lanes, laden with panniers. I am in that happy medium of speed and agility and short distances, every day.

No comments: