Monday, July 07, 2008

Keeping organized



It's a struggle to keep all the things on my to-do list in one place. Right now they're scribbled onto different pieces of agendas, draft documents, my notebook, and in the 'notes' feature of Outlook (which is only useful because it syncs with my blackberry).

Crystal has been recommending an online service called Backpackit, which looks fancy and useful but is not free. I use my Google homepage all the time, so it occurred to me today (duh!) that there must be to-do list widgets I could add. And then they would be right there, staring me in the face, whenever I click over to check my email or the latest headlines!

I added a bunch, but ended up with My Listy, because it has a little tab feature so I can separate "Work" and "Home" tasks. Also - you can strike out a task and then get some satisfaction from looking at its doneness, rather than just deleting it when it's finished.

Crossing my fingers that this will help keep me on track!

No comments: