Saturday, July 26, 2008

In Accra

And flying to Bamako via Burkina tomorrow. We have had Yet Another Whirlwind Tour here in the former Gold Coast, bopping around from hilly district to beach district interviewing people who work in malaria, mostly asking them "Hey, how are things going? Have they gotten better? How come?".

Traveling with Leanne, our second-newest team member, is awesome, and of course our team here is fabulous and totally on top of everything. We are leaving the very competant Dr. Nazzah with six more interviews for next week, when I will be in Mali for the same work there. Looking forward to food I know how to find and better internet, as well as a full morning of shopping. Not to mention catching up with my Mali homeboys Brandon "Keita" C. and Ryan "Diabate" S.

Even more so than usual have been very glad to be able to SMS back and forth with the states on this trip, and not only because Leah Q is my by-remote tour guide. She is getting a fun present when I get back!

Haven't taken many pictures except of the Most Amazingly Dedicated Community Health Volunteer Ever, and one of a man sleeping in a pile of water sachets in the bed of a pickup on our way to the beachy-mangrove-malarious district. He looked VERY comfy. It's on my blackberry so maybe I'll post it from Paris.

Off to pizza and beer - and by the way, Julia F, yours is the only blog I ever check when I am short on time. Each post is like a little delicious canape.

No comments: