Monday, October 29, 2007

Charge it to the project

Ex-paratrooper redeems slightly creepy self by giving good advice on my current hugest headache project, the Joint Malaria Database. Some may find it odd, or icky, that I should hang out with such a fellow, but you know what, the icky factor is pretty small, and sure he likes to talk about how many different kinds of aircraft he's jumped out of, but it's nice to actually get some useful information about what I need to do on this database debacle to make it move forward. I'm tired of fucking around with my own small understanding and everyone else's non-technical background and trying to build a website out of sand. Let's get some freaking experts in here, for crissake.

And so, bartender, please charge that jack and coke and big bottle of water to the room, please, and I will write if off as a business expense.

In other news, Allan at Appaloosa says the airport will be closed for a week starting wednesday. Like we didn't have enough problems!

No comments: