Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Don't hate me

I'm in a hotel in Barcelona that supplies you with an ipod alarm clock, a DVD player, nice smelling shower supplies, window shades that go up and down with a button, and (yet) insufficient light. It's very modern - but since when does modern mean 'spooky dark in here'?

I just ran a half hour on the treadmill while watching (on television) two ladies of Eastern European origin whack tennis balls furiously at each other. I believe soon I shall step outside and continue my small tour of the city that started this morning with a food market (ham, ham, everywhere, and not a drop to dr- hm. Is it legal to bring back ham if it vacuum sealed??) and a famous gothic cathedral.

Also, the contents of the mini bar are free, so I feel compelled to eat the one itty bitty (yet sooo deelicious!) chocolate bar and drink the beer (cervesa! see, Carlos, I am learning).

Ok, you can hate me a little bit.

1 comment:

Blogger User said...

I think the Spaniards assume you need your room spooky dark so you can get your proper siesta before going out to dinner at 11 p.m.

Enjoy! I am jealous ...