Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Pig Drama In My Head


The other night, after I had called a second farm to get a price for the pig, even though I had already ordered the one through farm #1, I had a nightmare that I ended up ordering two pigs, and couldn't 'unorder' either of them because it was the day before the roast and they'd already been butchered.

I got a call back from farm #2 today and his price is about $150 cheaper than farm #1. So I confirmed with him (nightmare coming true!!!!), then quickly called farm #1 with a white lie about mechanical problems. "Oh, that's too bad!" she said (guilt! shame!). "I'll just cancel your order, that's no problem. The pig's still alive so no worries!".

Phew!

Am still pickling in my own shame but at least nobody is hurt, right? Am sure I will make amends somehow this summer by going to farm #1 and buying expensive organic bratwurst.

No comments: