Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Breathe new life or spend time searching?


Circle A cycles repairs and repaints bikes; they also handbuild some really great custom frames. I sent them a bad picture of the bike and some details and they estimate around $100 for the repair and $300 for a complete repaint (one color only).

There seem to be no available good Peugeots on Ebay or any of the craigslists right now and I imagine the Mt. Airy Bike Shop will tell me their PX-10's will run me around $600-$750. So I can wait and see how long it takes to find another cheap Peugeot frame with geometry I like (could be never) or send the frame up to Providence for some work and a new lease on life.

Of course the best part would be picking the new color scheme....check out Circle A's Gallery for some ideas. I welcome suggestions in the comments section!

No comments: