Thursday, April 09, 2009

Leftover curry

Last night I had broccoli, mozzarella, goat cheese, tofu, crushed pineapple, 3/4 can of coconut milk in the fridge just crying out to me, EAT ME!

Unfortunately the cheeses and the pineapple lost out. I made a curry with some ginger, garlic and onion, chili powder and 1/4 jar of Thai green curry. Having no idea how to cook tofu, I fried it with the onion-garlic-ginger-curry mix for a little while, but probably not long enough. Then added the coconut milk whisked with a big spoonful of peanut butter, and threw in the broccoli, and steamed it a couple minutes. All while the rice was cooking.

It was supposed to also have some boiled peanuts and green onion, but oops - but still pretty good for a last-minute supper, plus I have two lunches for today and tomorrow.

1 comment:

Blogger User said...

Tip for cooking tofu: dry it as much as possible. Pat it with towels.

If you have time, you can wrap it in cloth and press it between two plates (with something heavy on top) to squeeze extra water out.

You can also coat it in cornstarch before cooking.

I find it always takes longer than I think to cook tofu!