Friday, February 27, 2009

Dropbox update

I got to work insanely early this morning after waking up from a dream in which Kima (who looked like Pinde, my white/tan african dog in Gabon) was in fact a lost dog of someone's (who also had an english sheepdog, these two dogs were best buddies), as evidenced by a flyer I saw pasted up announcing this dog was missing. Upon further inspection of said flyer, I noted that the person to call about the missing dog was -

RAHM EMMANUEL.

Rahm! WTF are you doing in my dream!

Anyway, the chuckling to myself as I woke up was quickly replaced by that terrible sense that something awful happened the night before, and then I remembered all my files were gone and I needed to get to work lickity split. So I did. And three of my files were there. The fourth one gone, poof in the night, who knows where. Fortunately, it hadn't been as heavily edited as the other files.

Lessons Learned:
- copy, don't cut/paste, your files to your Public Folder in Dropbox (DUH.)
- also keep them backed up somewhere else
- don't believe that green check mark; check your web interface to see if files are really in the Public folder
- if not, restart Dropbox

gah. Also I dreamed that the women heads of the RBM East and West African Regional Networks were getting married in Connecticut, and that one of them was Passman's twin sister. I would like to point out for the record that Passman does in fact have a twin sister, but she is not involved in RBM (although she may have gotten married recently - to her boyfriend).

This has been another edition of useless blogging.

No comments: