Thursday, November 01, 2007

Low blood sugar

Eating always makes you feel better.

We have everyone's tickets changed and distributed - I am not sure if our first flight is 9:30am Saturday or 16:40 Saturday, or how long it will take to fly to Dakar with this little plane, but we will figure it out tomorrow. We had a nice chat before dinner with Charles the airplane mechanic who reassured us that Soviet planes last a long time, so hopefully we will be ok. Then off to the National Museum, which has a FANTASTIC sculpture outside of a minibus filled with people and piled high with metal trunks, plastic mama bags, goats, and lanterns and salidagas. The passengers are made of paper maché and it's covered in stickers like "BinLadens" and presidential campaign photos. The ouijala was excellent as always (Museum has the best Malian food of any restaurant) and it was very nice to see my old friends Maiga and Tandina from the other CCP projects, who I met when I was working here for PSI. It was a little CCP family dinner with our director who got stuck with a pretty large bogolan. Fortunately she's not on our flight so I don't have to worry about the weight!

It's ten to 9:00 and I'm going to sleep. Hopefully Charles will tell me how great the Appaloosa Halloween party was tomorrow.

No comments: