Thursday, August 31, 2006

700C =/ 27x1 1/4

I knew this, of course. I just wasn't really thinking about it. I ordered some new wheels for Miss P, 700C (622 mm), with a flipflop rear hub. They came yesterday and I put 'em on. The front brake will reach ok, but the rear one is far far far from the rims, and no way to adjust it further out. One doesn't need a rear brake on a fixie but it looks sort of goofy to have the wrong size wheels on there. More incentive to learn how to repack hubs and redish that old wheel to keep Miss P period-correct. I may even get those old brake levers back, my Cane Creek ones look oversized and awkward on the moustache bars.

The chainline looks pretty good but it's hard to tell without a chain on there, so that's the next step, plus some tires and tubes. I think I'm about 3mm off but my measurements are inexact. I'm hoping I don't have to redo the bb because it spins real nice now...maybe some spacers.

We're getting there, folks, petit à petit.

No comments: