Thursday, June 04, 2009

Fig Tree!

Edith and Joshua, because they are awesome, got me a fig tree (Brown Turkey Fig) for my birthday! J and I planted it that Friday because I got the day off (for having worked long hours on a proposal the previous weekend/weeks).

From Design


It already has little figs busting out.

From Design


Also, my folks got me a great monitor for the new desk we've put together in my bay window/porch door area, and now we have a nice setup for working/tv/movies.

From Design


I figured out how to stick my Macbook on the keyboard tray underneath, closed, and still have it talk to the monitor (fairly easy). The desk is just some stained wood from Home Depot on two Ikea shelf-legs, height adjusted with old French PAL videos from 1996. The clever red wristpad is actually a pair of Joshua's old socks.

No comments: