Saturday, August 16, 2008

Just under 12 hours



I was a little worried about being sleepy on the drive from Baltimore to Urbana, but as long as I didn't wear sunglasses I seemed to be ok. Kima, however, zonked out the entire way.

Farmer's market this morning was like something out of the Kingsolver book, Animal Vegetable Miracle, that I am reading at the moment. Local producers known to my parents, chatting about what's new and fresh and what's the last of the season (blueberries).

Kima's digging the backyard, not literally, and the fish have now learned to stay Out Of Her Reach. The squirrels, of course, already know this.

The coolest thing I saw on the drive, which was on I-70, was a 1930's car (shaped like the car in this picture) which after extensive googling turns out to be more like 1948 or 1950 Chevy Fleetline or similar. It was creamsicle orange and cream and sooooo gorgeous. It passed me on the highway and I raced to catch up with it to see if I could spot any identifying marks - it had none, but no grill (weird) and two pair of horizontally placed tail lights in back.

No comments: