Monday, March 10, 2008

Sleepy Doggie

I finally got Kima's Skype thing to work by setting the computer to never go to sleep. Now I can call and see the couch whenever. Turns out - quelle surprise - that all she does is sleep!

Also, Chris fixed the problem with my Macbook and the internet by installing new firmware updates on our router. Hooray! We had a really nice brunch at Miss Shirley's too with some of the runniest poached eggs ever on a nice corn cake. After that we chilled and watched The Crimson Rivers, a 2000 french thriller/cliché-fest by Matthieu Kassovitz, with Jean Reno (swoon) and Vincent Cassel (swoon swoon). It reminded me of a film I saw in Bamako with Manu one night at the Babemba movie theatre, in which Jean Reno chases mysterious monks on steroids. Turns out (!) that movie was the sequel to this one! Probably would have been clearer had I remembered the title...Les Rivieres Pourpres II.

Highly recommended if you can't get enough of cheesy yet serious evil plotting and ritual murders.

No comments: