Wednesday, June 13, 2007

weekend update

I've spent 6 of the last 7 days in DC and boy it is nice to be back in Charm City. Last week I had a meeting with three presentations for a lot of really smart M&E folks and I did ok - met a couple awesome climbers at the meeting which is definitely a plus! Our database project is moving along and there was much less politicking about it than before, so now we just have to get our butts in gear and build this thing over the summer.

We had a very nice BBQ at Jason's temporary pad (an extremely beautiful house - functional, spacious, fantastic kitchen, yet laid back in a way only 2 million dollar homes can have) and bored the non-Gabon RPCV guests with more of our stories. Oh, la nostalgie. Sunday we went for brunch at an Irish place that had too many spoiled children and slow service, but excellent food. JCo dissed the bloody marys and nearly sent a 4 year old flying over the veranda, but the conversation was lively and we even managed to escape the rain...

I've ordered a new stem and bars for my fixie to make it a little more comfortable - the reach is a bit short but maybe that's just because I've been riding the Nishiki lately. Sean seems to think the teal color scheme is uncool but he's wrong. It is the pinnacle of cool.

I almost, almost, finished this really hard climb I've been working on for a long time last night. Which is not bad for having two weeks off. Coming up - trips to W. Va and more biking.

No comments: