Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Maintenance, or Why I Should Always Ride My Bike, Even When It Is 15 Degrees Outside

I took the Honda in. For an oil change. Of course they find three other things wrong with it:

- catalytic converter heat shields are missing. Hm, maybe that was what got ripped off on the entry ramp onto I-90 in Madison back in spring 2005?
- my power steering fluid is 'dirty'.
- something induction service something throttle flush something fuel injection system that costs $165.

Because I am a SUCKA, and I don't understand my own car, nor how to properly maintain and repair it, nor do I have the time to become an amateur mechanic (despite the fact that it would also help me get boys!), I will pony up the cash and eat hummous until December so that the experts at Honda can extend the life of my vehicle. Thanks guys!

For the record, I did ask Jiffy Lube how much they would charge for replacing power steering fluid, and they said they didn't do it! Jerks.

No comments: