Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Gorgeous in November

I took the bike to work today, after tightening up the headset last night. Hadn't ridden in about a week and was feeling lonely and incomplete, but sho 'nuff once on the road everything was right again. At lunch I took her out to the parking office, to get my and Edith's neighborhood permits, but I had no registration and the lady was firm. No worries...it was 70 and sunny and I rolled over to Whole Foods for a spinach salad just to prolong my break. A short person's fixie was parked there, a red Schwinn with a cool brown/red argyle dingpad on the top tube. When I came out it had gone. Earlier I'd seen the guy on the green track bike (Bishop?), going the wrong way down Lombard. On Monday I'd seen him going the wrong way on St. Paul as I waited for the shuttle at Penn Station. And I often see the bike alone at Donna's.

I wish it would be light out when I bike home tonight, and as warm as it is now, but those wishes won't come true. But maybe my new saddle will have arrived, and that will have to do for now.

Updates on all the malaria debauchery soon....

No comments: