Sunday, October 15, 2006

No Brakes

After a trip to the farmer's market with Laura and Edith, I made ragu and went down to mess with the bike. I still have no brakes. I can't use the brakes Dad sent because they have no springs. My brake cables are on the way. So I adjusted the seat a bit and sighed a little and tried to trackstand. Put some laundry in and figured it was so nice outside I would just take the bike out and ride around the neighborhood, slowly, since I had no brakes.




I love this bike.


She is silent, light, quick, agile, and gorgeous. I don't care if I never put brakes on her. I don't care that she's got some scuffs and her left side decals are shredded. She's charming as all get out. I couldn't stop riding.

Now for my Ideale saddle, to replace the squeaky McSpringy saddle. This guy in Belgium is gonna hook me up. And if not, I will just rescue the dried out one from the co-op. Then it'll be me and the Angel, together, forever.

No comments: